Introduction to Financial Management in Public Health
The course is designed to provide the foundational aspects of financial management. It will specifically address financing public health programs. This free asynchronous course is formatted as a self-paced training.
- Explain the importance of public health financing
- Describe the way that public health services are funded by the federal government
- Describe the way that public health services are funded by the state and local governments
- Define the types of federal grants
- Explain the grant application process
- Explain the tasks involved in grant management
- Describe the overall planning process and its importance to mission success.
- Examine the format and use of several types of budgets.
- Create a simple operating budget.
- Public Health Professionals
- Program Managers
CEU: Not available at this time
Duration: 3 hours
Authors: Kelly Morning, MPH; Anna Dobbins, MPH, Joyce Abeng, MPH
Editors: Gerold Dermid, MBA, Sara Hanafi, MPH, Bjorn Blomquist, MPH
Questions: Kelly Morning, email@example.com
Module 1: Public Health Financing
Module 2: Federal Funding Mechanisms
Module 3: Financial Planning and Budgeting
Training instructions, materials, and links are available inside the course modules. After your registration is complete, log into your MakingHealthHappen account to access the course dashboard.
The content of these series is intended to educate and engage the public on various public health topics. The views of these series are solely the authors and may not reflect the opinions and beliefs of the LIHIE or its affiliates.